Your Plaid Dashboard account can create or join multiple teams to enable collaboration across different teams or companies.
From the Plaid Dashboard you can do the following:
- Create multiple teams (each with their own individual API keys)
- Join multiple teams from one Plaid account
- Add or remove members to individual teams (with necessary Admin permissions)
- Switch between teams
Creating a new team
At the top-left of your Plaid Dashboard, click the team name drop-down and select Create new team:
Once you have submitted your team name and purpose into the form, click Create team. Your new team will come with a fresh set of API keys which can be used to build a new Plaid integration.
Click the Team Settings drop-down in your Plaid Dashboard to view your team information, API keys, API version, team members, and third-party integrations:
Please note that specific permissions are required to view webhook and billing settings.
You can create a new team, view your existing teams, and leave a team from the Teams menu found at the top-right of your Plaid Dashboard:
If you currently manage multiple, separate Plaid Dashboard accounts (one account for each team, using different email addresses) and you wish to consolidate them into a single account, please complete the following:
- Select a main Plaid Dashboard account to migrate into
- Example: the WizardCash account must be migrated into the WonderWallet account
- From every account you wish to migrate away from (WizardCash, in our example):
- Invite the main account (WonderWallet)
- Create an empty team
- From the main account (WonderWallet), accept the team invitation(s)
- From every account (other than the main account), leave the team (WizardCash) you wish to migrate away from
This will maintain all of the API keys, approvals, and data associated with the teams being migrated.
Billable usage will be separate across all teams.
If you are the last team member to leave a team, you will receive the following error:
Cannot remove the last admin user from the team
You cannot leave a team if you are the last member in the team. In this case, please file a Deactivate my account support case if you wish to deactivate your team.