If you have admin access within your Plaid Dashboard account, you can add other teammates to your account and assign different permissions to each teammate as necessary.
Adding a teammate
You can add additional teammates to your Plaid account from the
Team tab of your Plaid Dashboard.
Note that if your teammate has already signed up for a Plaid account, you will receive an "Email address already exists in our system" error. The quickest way to resolve this is by adding the teammate with a
'+' subaddress to their email address (e.g.,
firstname.lastname@example.org). All Plaid account email addresses must be unique and the inclusion of the
'+' modifier will allow you to add your new team member without requiring an account deactivation request.
Alternatively, if you prefer to use your teammate's email without a subaddress, your teammate must request an account deactivation via the support dashboard. Once their previous account has been deactivated, you can then add your teammate to your Plaid account.
You can assign specific permissions to each teammate that you add to your Plaid account:
- Support: users have access to the Support tab and can file support tickets
- Admin access: users can request access to other environments, file support tickets, customize Plaid Link, add and manage other teammates, and view all API secrets
API secrets access
API key access can control the following:
- Production: users with Production access can view and rotate your Production
- Development: users with Development access can view and rotate your Development
- Sandbox: users with Sandbox access can view and rotate your Sandbox